Job Title: Compliance Coordinator
Reports to: Compliance Administrator
The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and completing all government, regulatory and internal compliance activities and associated documentation. S/he must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, regulations and procedures within the cannabis industry. S/he performs a variety of tasks under the direction of management. Specific job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain, prepare and submit cannabis and cannabis-related product samples to licensed and approved testing facilities
- Communicate test results to Inventory and Production
- Prepare METRC tags associated with harvest, trim and production batches
- Perform METRC entry throughout the life cycle of cannabis (from harvest to store transfer), including waste
- Verify cannabis waste has been rendered unusable and unrecognizable
- Audit physical inventory, facility operations, etc.
- Provide compliance training to new and/or existing employees, both inside and outside the Compliance department
- Support regulatory and third party inspections and audits and assist with identifying and implementing any corrective actions
- Take responsibility for one’s own safety and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to the immediate supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
- High school diploma or GED
- General knowledge of the cannabis industry is preferred
- Must have or obtain MED badge
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Knowledge of the processes involved in cannabis production
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge of METRC (desirable, but not required)
- Previous experience in the cannabis industry (desirable, but not required)
- Knowledge of the processes involved in cannabis production (desirable, but not required)
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Good Chemistry is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.